This interactive presentation gives people that are new to Scrum and Agile the basic knowledge and insights needed to start implementing Scrum.
Objective(s) of the session:
The goal of this session is to give people that are relatively new to agile and Scrum a good overview of what Scrum is all about. By explaining the values and principles of Scrum we will prepare the participants to start using Scrum in their own projects or organizations
During our presentation, we will answer the following questions:
- What is Scrum, and how does it relate to agile and XP, for example?
- What are the values behind Scrum?
- When can I use Scrum and what results will it help me achieve?
- What's the Scrum process? And the roles, meetings and artifacts?
- How to start implementing Scrum.
- What are pitfalls or smells when starting with Scrum.
While presenting, we will use real-life examples from both our own experience as the participants’ experiences.
We will constantly refer to the values that are behind agile and scrum and how the process and practices support these values.
Format and length: 60 mins interactive presentation.
Intended audience and prerequisites:
This session is specifically aimed towards non-experienced people. So, people who have little or no experience or knowledge in Scrum. This session will concentrate on the basics of Scrum and is therefore not interesting for very experienced people.