Format and length: 60 mins interactive tutorial
Intended audience and prerequisites:
Developers, managers, coaches, as long as they are aware of the importance of good communication skills. In fact everybody would benefit from this session.
Objective(s) of the session:
- Give some basic tools that can be used in everyday’s life
- Generate interest on the subject and provoke further growth of the participants in these areas
- The participants have fun practicing something new
I ran a preliminary version of this presentation at a local XP group and I got reported that people kept experimenting with these techniques several days afterwards: should this happen also after this session, I would consider it a success!
Benefits, for the participants and the presenters
For the participants:
- Practical tools to use
- A space to learn them where it is safe to experiment
- Learning something that could be a real advantage in their daily life (for example: knowing the concept of Status will allow them to understand some “power games” and allow them to avoid getting entangled in them)
For the presenter:
- Learn from the feedback of the participants
- Tune the presentation on a very mature and soft skills aware audience